This will be the most important business course you will ever take!
An understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping is of vital importance to anyone involved in business, even those who are not involved in day-to-day accounting. By the end of this twelve week course, you will:
• understand common accounting terms and have a working knowledge of full cycle bookkeeping processes
• be able to set up a Chart of Accounts
• understand the relationships between journals and ledgers
• enter transactions in the General Journal, as well as specialty journals
• post transactions in the General Ledger and special ledgers
• create Trial Balances
• account for GST, and complete Tax Remittances
• complete Payroll journal entries, and remit Payroll deductions
• complete Bank Reconciliations
• understand the connections between accounting rules and computerized accounting programs
Students will work with a sample company and a comprehensive and ongoing set of books for this company. Each lesson builds on the prior ones so that by the end of the course, students will have a full set of books, including general journal, sales journal, cash receipts journal, general ledger, accounts receivable subledger and accounts payable subledger.
You will also learn to use a more detailed approach to daily/monthly bookkeeping procedures. Year-end and related topics will be covered in more depth, as well as some payroll practice, and other additional topics, including NSF cheques and bad debts, interest on overdue customer accounts, inventory accounting and credit cards (used/accepted).
At the last class students will present their set of books and financial statements to the Instructor for a quick review prior to receiving their Certificate of course completion.
Your Instructor is a practicing Accountant and experienced teacher. By the end of this course, you will have sufficient bookkeeping ability to graduate to using a computerized accounting system. Some homework is required.
A course manual and/or exercise book is included with your registration fee. Please bring a hand calculator to class. A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1: Thursdays 6:30 to 9pm, Jan 16 to April 9 2020, at the FVCE Classroom Suite 104-20641 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2: Wednesdays 9:30am to 12pm, Jan 22 to April 15 2020, at the FVCE Classroom Suite 104-20641 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 3: Mondays 6:30 to 9pm, Apr 6 to Jun 29 2020, at the FVCE Classroom Suite 104-20641 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 4: Wednesdays 9:30am to 12pm, April 22 to July 8 2020, at the FVCE Classroom Suite 104-20641 Logan Ave Langley
|Instructor:||Lenore Clark CPA, CGA|
|Classroom:||FVCE Classroom (Suite 104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Number of Sessions:||12|
Total course price before 5% GST: