This class is now LIVESTREAMED! Attend at the regularly-scheduled class time, from the comfort of your home computer. Livestreaming means you interact with a REAL Instructor, in real-time, from your computer. This is NOT pre-recorded content. (You must log in and attend at the time class is offered, this is not a “watch-when-you-like” option.)
You will need:
- A computer (Mac or PC), or an Android smartphone, or an Android tablet, or an iPad or iPhone. As long as it has a webcam and microphone, you’re good to go! (And YES, you can disable your camera for privacy!)
- NO special software
- NO additional costs
- NO technical know-how or fancy tools
Livestreamed classes are just “click-and-enter”
Once you have registered, an email will be sent to you a few days before the class, with a link to click and enter the virtual classrom. Nothing to download, nothing to install. Your webcam and microphone can display your image and voice to the rest of the class, or you can choose to mute the microphone or turn off the camera. You will still be able to hear and see the Instructor.
Livestreamed classes are EXACTLY the same content as the in-person class
Get exactly the same handouts, same exercises, and same interaction with your Instructor, as if you were in the same room with them. Ask all your same questions, hear your fellow classmates, and see the same presentations. No compromises.
This course teaches students intermediate Microsoft Word skills that can be combined with basic skills to create more complex documents. Students will look at features such as inserting pictures or shapes, setting up columns of information, saving repetitive pieces of text or graphics for easy access at a later date, styles, and templates to produce professional-looking business documents.
• Creating and modifying styles for consistent formatting
• Working with existing templates or creating your own templates
• Customizing bullets and numbering
• Creating paragraph borders
• Creating page borders
• Applying shading
• Setting columns
• Advanced formatting
• Using Word properties settings
• Using AutoCorrect
• Adding and modifying columns of text in a document
• Using headers and footers in a document
• Performing a mail merge with form letters or address labels
• Completing a mail merge using the Mail Merge Wizard and manually
• Inserting and manipulating SmartArt.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 1
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1: Tuesdays, Apr 14 to May 12 2020, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab, via Livestreaming
Offering 2: Wednesdays, Apr 15 to May 13 2020, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab, via Livestreaming
Offering 2a: Thursdays, Apr 30 to May 14 2020, 9:30am to 12:30pm, via Livestreaming
Offering 2b: Thursdays, Apr 30 to May 14 2020, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, via Livestreaming
Offering 3: Mondays, May 11 to Jun 8 2020, 9:30am to 12:30pm, via Livestreaming
Offering 4: Sundays, May 24 to Jun 7 2020 (3 weeks), 9:30am to 3pm, via Livestreaming
Offering 5: Tuesdays, May 26 to Jun 23 2020, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, via Livestreaming
|Classroom:||Via Livestreaming on your computer at home|
|Number of Sessions:||5|
Click “Sign Up Now” below to see all course dates and times.
Total course price before 5% GST: