In this class we will exploring how to use a different palette of colours on two different paintings of the same subject matter to achieve a different mood or look.
Class supply list is listed below. Supplies not included.
Supply List for Jess Rice watercolour classes (please note all of Jess’s Saturday w/c classes use the same supply list)
- 1 large terry cloth bath towel preferably white, your towel will get paint on it so best to use a used one.
- 2 water containers
- Large Round Brush #12 or larger
- Small Round Brush #5 or #6
- Large flat brush 1 inch or larger
- Watercolour palette
- These are the colours I use and recommend but don’t expect to students to have all of these. They should at least have a yellow, a red, and a blue to use.
- Aureolin Yellow Or Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Quinacridone Gold
- Rose Madder Genuine or Cadmium Red Medium
- Alizarin Crimson
- Perylene Maroon
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- Phthalo Turquoise
- Pencil and kneaded eraser
- Masking fluid
- 140# Cold Press Watercolour paper (22×30 inches) I generally use Arches or Fabriano rough.
- Spray bottle
Offering 1F: Saturday, Nov 28 2020, 9:30am – 2:00pm, Credo Christian High School 21846 52nd Ave Langley
Are you a beginner painter? Come to one of Jess’s FREE prep classes!
A note from Jess Rice: I am hosting a couple of free 1 hour online courses, for students who are thinking about taking a watercolour class from me, or just want a refresher on some basic watercolour skills.
We won’t actually be painting in this class but I will walk you through some beginner steps to prepare you for future classes. This will give you a good foundation to start with and get you started in the right direction. You will have a chance to ask me questions as well during the class.
In this class I will talk about:
- What brushes to purchase and the difference between round, flat and angled brushes.
- What paints to purchase, starting with a very basic palette and then adding more complex colours.
- What palettes work best and why.
- Working with artist grade paper vs. student grade paper and how to rip your watercolour paper into smaller sheets. I’ll also talk about sheets of paper, blocks of paper and what brands work best.
- I will also demonstrate some very simple techniques to get you started including wet on wet, wet on dry and dry on dry and where each of these techniques would be used.
- How I set my watercolour station up and what you will need to get started.
Please send me a note if you’d like to attend and I’ll add you to the meeting invite.
|Classroom:||Credo Christian High School 21846 52 Ave Langley|
|Start Date:||November 28, 2020|
|End Date:||November 28, 2020|
|Start Time:||9:30 am|
|End Time:||2:00 pm|
|Number of Sessions:||1|