This class is now LIVESTREAMED! Attend at the regularly-scheduled class time, from the comfort of your home computer. Livestreaming means you interact with a REAL Instructor, in real-time, from your computer. This is NOT pre-recorded content. (You must log in and attend at the time class is offered, this is not a “watch-when-you-like” option.)
You will need:
- A computer (Mac or PC), or an Android smartphone, or an Android tablet, or an iPad or iPhone. As long as it has a webcam and microphone, you’re good to go! (And YES, you can disable your camera for privacy!)
- NO special software
- NO additional costs
- NO technical know-how or fancy tools
Livestreamed classes are just “click-and-enter”
Once you have registered, an email will be sent to you a few days before the class, with a link to click and enter the virtual classrom. Nothing to download, nothing to install. Your webcam and microphone can display your image and voice to the rest of the class, or you can choose to mute the microphone or turn off the camera. You will still be able to hear and see the Instructor.
Livestreamed classes are EXACTLY the same content as the in-person class
Get exactly the same handouts, same exercises, and same interaction with your Instructor, as if you were in the same room with them. Ask all your same questions, hear your fellow classmates, and see the same presentations. No compromises.
This is a great class if you want to work on a few smaller paintings. As you paint you will also learn how to apply and use masking fluid to keep the bright whites of your paper showing through, as in the whiskers on a mouse. You will also learn to create light and shadows by using different values of colour.
Class supply list is listed below. Supplies not included.
Supply List for Jess Rice watercolour classes (please note all of Jess’s Saturday w/c classes use the same supply list)
- 1 large terry cloth bath towel preferably white, your towel will get paint on it so best to use a used one.
- 2 water containers
- Large Round Brush #12 or larger
- Small Round Brush #5 or #6
- Large flat brush 1 inch or larger
- Watercolour palette
- These are the colours I use and recommend but don’t expect to students to have all of these. They should at least have a yellow, a red, and a blue to use.
- Aureolin Yellow Or Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Quinacridone Gold
- Rose Madder Genuine or Cadmium Red Medium
- Alizarin Crimson
- Perylene Maroon
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- Phthalo Turquoise
- Pencil and kneaded eraser
- Masking fluid
- 140# Cold Press Watercolour paper (22×30 inches) I generally use Arches or Fabriano rough.
- Spray bottle
Offering 1WS: Saturday, April 17 2021, 9:30am – 1:00pm, via Livestreaming
Are you a beginner painter? Come to one of Jess’s FREE prep classes! Click here to see that FREE class: https://fraservalleycontinuingeducation.ca/product/introduction-to-watercolour-saturday-classes/
A note from Jess Rice: I am hosting a couple of free 1 hour online courses, for students who are thinking about taking a watercolour class from me, or just want a refresher on some basic watercolour skills.
We won’t actually be painting in this class but I will walk you through some beginner steps to prepare you for future classes. This will give you a good foundation to start with and get you started in the right direction. You will have a chance to ask me questions as well during the class.
In this class I will talk about:
- What brushes to purchase and the difference between round, flat and angled brushes.
- What paints to purchase, starting with a very basic palette and then adding more complex colours.
- What palettes work best and why.
- Working with artist grade paper vs. student grade paper and how to rip your watercolour paper into smaller sheets. I’ll also talk about sheets of paper, blocks of paper and what brands work best.
- I will also demonstrate some very simple techniques to get you started including wet on wet, wet on dry and dry on dry and where each of these techniques would be used.
- How I set my watercolour station up and what you will need to get started.
Please send me a note if you’d like more information about the FREE beginner’s class.
|Classroom:||Via Livestreaming on your computer at home|
|Start Date:||April 17, 2021|
|End Date:||April 17, 2021|
|Start Time:||9:30 am|
|End Time:||1:00 pm|
|Number of Sessions:||1|