An easy entry to social media for the average small business, without complicated too-large plans, and targeted to simple, small actions.
Ask any small business owner the one thing they know they should be doing to attract business, but probably dread, and likely most of them will answer “social media”. Often, this part of marketing is made out to be much more complicated than necessary. Simple actions, repeated regularly, are the key to success. This one-day workshop will cover the need-to-know basics, and strip away several myths about social media that will cost you time and money, and stress. We will use attendees’ own businesses as examples for in-class exercises, so that all attendees will benefit from the advice and input of other business owners. Bring your laptop, tablet or smartphone – yes, everything we will do in this workshop can be done on a smartphone.
The Instructor is the Marketing Manager for the Fraser Valley Wedding Festival, the Westcoast Small Home Expo, and for Fraser Valley Continuing Education, the host of this event.
This class is suitable for those who are new to social media for their business, those who’ve had a bad experience with social media, or those wishing to “fill in the blanks”. Suitable for retailers, service businesses such as printers and realtors, and other small businesses including restaurants, clothing and furniture stores, consultants, and nonprofits. Attendees should have solid basic computer confidence.
Included in this workshop:
- A beginner-level overview of common social media platforms, and how to select the ones right for you (and don’t worry about those that don’t)
- The 5 Immutable Laws of Social Media, and how to apply them to your business
- How to avoid being “sucked down the rabbit hole” and set reasonable expectations for how much time this will take
- A starter plan with post “recipes” you can use over and over again
- Determining appropriate tone and messaging
- Deciding how often to post
- Creative posts for your specific business category: we’re looking at YOU, Realtors and Restaurants!
- How to handle negative feedback and complaints and still come out on top (Yup, they will happen!)
- Cool list of handy extras and tricks that save time and stress
- Brief exploration of the goals for each attendee, with custom recommendations
- Stuff to avoid: learn from years of my mistakes!
This one-day class is ideal for someone who’s ready to self-manage their own business social media, and wants a solid introduction to give them the confidence to create content and be consistent.
Attendees will leave with easy handouts for reference, plus a tip sheet, and a list of curated resources if they want to take it to the next level.
Interactive exercises will use the details of the businesses of those in the room, so please be sure to come ready to answer basic questions about your business.
Offering 1: Saturday, February 8 2020, 9am to 4pm (with breaks) at the FVCE Boardroom, 204-20621 Logan Ave Langley
|Classroom:||FVCE Computer Lab (Suite 104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Start Date:||February 8, 2020|
|End Date:||February 8, 2020|
|Start Time:||9:00 am|
|End Time:||4:00 pm|
|Number of Sessions:||1|