This class is now LIVESTREAMED! Attend at the regularly-scheduled class time, from the comfort of your home computer. Livestreaming means you interact with a REAL Instructor, in real-time, from your computer. This is NOT pre-recorded content. (You must log in and attend at the time class is offered, this is not a “watch-when-you-like” option.)
You will need:
- A computer (Mac or PC), or an Android smartphone, or an Android tablet, or an iPad or iPhone. As long as it has a webcam and microphone, you’re good to go! (And YES, you can disable your camera for privacy!)
- NO special software (Other than the software program taught in class.)
- NO additional costs
- NO technical know-how or fancy tools
Livestreamed classes are just “click-and-enter”
Once you have registered, an email will be sent to you a few days before the class, with a link to click and enter the virtual classrom. Nothing to download, nothing to install. Your webcam and microphone can display your image and voice to the rest of the class, or you can choose to mute the microphone or turn off the camera. You will still be able to hear and see the Instructor.
Livestreamed classes are EXACTLY the same content as the in-person class
Get exactly the same handouts, same exercises, and same interaction with your Instructor, as if you were in the same room with them. Ask all your same questions, hear your fellow classmates, and see the same presentations. No compromises.
A follow-up course for those who want to take WordPress use to the next level. Perfect for small businesses, consultants, artists, serious bloggers, event managers, beginner podcasters, fundraisers, and others using WordPress to manage their non-profit or company website.
Once you have a functional grasp of WordPress, it’s time to talk about the specifics of how to start customizing pages, using specialty plugins, and adding the shopping cart owned by WordPress, Woocommerce.
Please note that this class has a prerequisite of our companion class, “Introduction to WordPress”, or at least a year of hands-on experience managing a WordPress site in the current version.
This class is suitable for those still sort of new to self-managing your website on the WordPress platform, those who want to hire a professional to do so and want to learn an overview so as to direct the process, or those wishing to “fill in the blanks” before using WordPress for a business website. Not just for retailers or service businesses, this class is also suitable for nonprofits, business bloggers, an event website, or almost any other web presence. No web design experience is necessary, but attendees should have solid basic computer confidence.
Included in this workshop:
- The basic functions of the Woocommerce shopping cart: adding a product and credit card processing (Simpler than you might think!)
- Why your WordPress website is the best place to build your email list, and an introduction to some favourite methods and tools for doing this
- Why site statistics are important and how WordPress makes this easy to track
- Creating a link between your site and various social media platforms
- A key list of some favourite plugins that can dramatically expand the functionality of your website
- Some specific themes compatible with Woocommerce and suited for other specific purposes
- How to use creative posts and pages to create dynamic content and keep your site fresh
- How to make search engines happy and get your website found in a sea of others
- Stuff to avoid: learn from years of my mistakes!
This 4-hour class is ideal for someone who’s ready to self-manage their own business website, and wants a solid introduction to give them the confidence to create content and be consistent, OR, someone who is responsible for the planning of such a website and needs guidelines before soliciting the services of a professional web manager.
Interactive exercises will use the details of the businesses of those in the class, so please be sure to come ready to answer basic questions about your business.
The Instructor was an early adopter of WordPress about 15 years ago, and has continuously built and maintained many WordPress websites since that time. She is also the Marketing Manager for the Fraser Valley Wedding Festival, the Westcoast Small Home Expo, and for Fraser Valley Continuing Education, the host of this event.
Offering 2F: Tuesday, Nov 17 2020, 6pm to 10pm, via Livestreaming
|Classroom:||Via Livestreaming on your computer at home|
|Start Date:||November 17, 2020|
|End Date:||November 17, 2020|
|Start Time:||6:00 pm|
|End Time:||10:00 pm|
|Number of Sessions:||1|