This is the perfect opportunity for NEW watercolour students to decide if they want to try watercolour, ask questions, and see our Instructor Jess Rice offer an explanation of some brushes, paints, palettes, paper, and more, along with a demo of some basic watercolour techniques. If you haven’t done watercolour in a while, or if you have been considering watercolour for the first time, this is perfect for you!
A message from Jess: We won’t actually be painting in this class but I will walk you through some beginner steps to prepare you for future classes. This will give you a good foundation to start with and get you started in the right direction. You will have a chance to ask me questions as well during the class.
In this class I will talk about:
- What brushes to purchase and the difference between round, flat and angled brushes.
- What paints to purchase, starting with a very basic palette and then adding more complex colours.
- What palettes work best and why.
- Working with artist grade paper vs. student grade paper and how to rip your watercolour paper into smaller sheets. I’ll also talk about sheets of paper, blocks of paper and what brands work best.
- I will also demonstrate some very simple techniques to get you started including wet on wet, wet on dry and dry on dry and where each of these techniques would be used.
- How I set my watercolour station up and what you will need to get started.
The first class will be Thursday, June 18, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM PST
The second class will Thursday, June 18, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM PST
Additional offerings have now been added!
Thursday, July 2, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM PST
This is a VIRTUAL class that you can attend via your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Please send me a note if you’d like to attend and I’ll add you to the meeting invite.
|Classroom:||Via Livestreaming on your computer at home|
|Start Date:||June 18, 2020|
|End Date:||June 18, 2020|
|Start Time:||2pm or 3:30pm|
|Course Price:||$0 – FREE!|
|Number of Sessions:||1|