General Contest Rules:
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Fraser Valley Continuing Education restricts all contests to the period of the current year.
2. ELIGIBILITY: A contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the contest period. Notwithstanding the above, contests are not open to individuals associated with the contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of Fraser Valley Continuing Education, (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner’s household) who have won a prize valued at $100 or greater in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another contest also from Fraser Valley Continuing Education.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a contest, you must enter using our standard system, by the cut off time indicated in the general contest instructions. Entries by any other method do not constitute a valid contest entry. In order to be declared a winner of any contest, a potential winner must be in compliance with these general contest rules. Drawn named entrants may be asked to complete, sign and return a declaration and release prepared by Fraser Valley Continuing Education before a prize will be released. To enter any contest, all rules and instructions must be followed carefully. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these contest rules, we reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular contest. Winners may be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited mathematical question.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter a Fraser Valley Continuing Education contest. However, entries must be received by the deadline.
5. CONTEST PRIZE: the prize is stated in the general contest instructions. We reserve the right to limit the winning of prizes to once every 30 days per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at our location. Entrants must respond via email or other electronic messaging system to win. Potential winners may be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver’s license or other photo identification. Entrants who are announced but do not pick up their prize in the time stated will forfeit their prize, and a new entrant will be randomly drawn immediately. There are no prize substitutions. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. All decisions made by FVCE Management are final.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a contest, you consent to Fraser Valley Continuing Education’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph or video capture, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. DECISIONS ARE FINAL: In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules regarding a contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. CHEATING WILL AMOUNT TO AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION: Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the company or this contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and we reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include damages payments and/or banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future events, classes, or contests.
9. TECHNOLOGY MISHAPS: Fraser Valley Continuing Education assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or social post or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
10. CONTEST PERIOD: Fraser Valley Continuing Education reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Fraser Valley Continuing Education reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. AGREEMENT OF CONTEST TERMS: By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases Fraser Valley Continuing Education, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a contest or the use of any prize.
12. EVENT CANCELLATION: In the event of a third party event or venue cancellation (i.e. classes, events, etc.) in which Fraser Valley Continuing Education is a Manager, Exhibitor, or Client, Fraser Valley Continuing Education does not assume responsibility for reimbursement of any costs.
13. LEGALITY: The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.