Course fees listed on our website or in the catalogue do not include tax. All courses are subject to GST (5%).
Program Cancellation Policy
Fraser Valley Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel courses with low enrollment. When a course is cancelled, students will have the following options:
- Receive a full refund for the program;
- Ask to have their registration fee applied to the next offering of the course or;
- Apply the course registration fee to a program of their choice that still has space available in it
If a course has to be cancelled, students will be notified by phone or email up to a day before the class.
Please read the below policy carefully.
For Multi- day Courses:
- When student notice of course withdrawal is received no less than 7 days prior to the start of the class, Students will receive a refund minus $35 administration fee.
- When Student notice of course withdrawal is received less than 7 days prior to the start of the class, a 50% refund is offered, or student may opt to transfer to the next offering of the course without penalty.
- When Student notice of course withdrawal received after first day of course, no refund is offered, or student may opt to transfer to the next offering of the course without penalty.
For One Day Courses:
- When Student notice of course withdrawal is received prior to seven business days before the start of the course, Student will receive a refund minus $35 administration fee.
- No refunds will be provided when Student notice of withdrawal is received less than seven days prior to the start date of the course.
There will be a service charge of $25 levied against all cheques returned as NSF.
Cold and Flu Policy and COVID-19 Statement
Welcome back, we’re happy to have you here!
- Mandatory self assessment: Before you arrive, we ask that you complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en Or use the app “BC COVID-19 support”
- Use of mask: To protect yourself, other students, and staff, it is now mandatory that you wear a mask while in the administration office. Mask use in classes is is also now mandatory. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Arrival time: Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class.
- Students only: For the safety of everyone, we request at this time that only students enter the administration office or classroom/school.
- Bring only what you need: We request that you only bring what you need for class. ie: no backpacks, heavy jackets.
- Hand sanitizer: Stations are set up and visible around the classroom and administration office, please use them frequently.
- Walk-in traffic: We provide in-person assistance for registrations. All visitors MUST wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before entering the office. Appointments are not necessary but would be appreicated, and can be made by phone or email, at 604-533-4227 or email@example.com . Messages will be returned during office hours (9:30-4pm Mon-Fri).
- PRE-REGISTER: All classes should be registered prior to the start of class by using our online registration system or by calling the administration office at 604-533-4227.
- Reduced class size: In order to maintain physical distancing between students and avoid crowding the classrooms, we have reduced the classes to 50% capacity.
- Sanitization: The classrooms are thoroughly cleaned after each class and the administration office is disinfected regularly throughout the day.
These protocols are in place to ensure the health and safety of you, your loved ones, our staff, and their families. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these unique times.
We would also like to remind everyone that every member of our community has the right to be treated with respect and dignity in our classes and office. No person should be targeted in any way or subjected to discrimination resulting from a misplaced perception that they may be a carrier of a communicable disease based on their perceived disability, race, ancestry, place of origin or otherwise. Any discrimination or harassment of this nature will not be tolerated.
If you have any more questions, please visit the Canada Health FAQ webpage.