Policies & Frequently Asked Questions
Course fees listed on our website or in the catalogue do not include tax. All courses are subject to GST (5%).
Program Cancellation Policy
Fraser Valley Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel courses with low enrollment. When a course is cancelled, students will have the following options:
- Receive a full refund for the program;
- Ask to have their registration fee applied to the next offering of the course or;
- Apply the course registration fee to a program of their choice that still has space available in it
- Paid in full Certificate programs are non refundable once paid for, only a credit note will be issued to your account if not finished or the student changes programs.
If a course has to be cancelled, students will be notified by phone or email up to a day before the class.
Please read the below policy carefully.
For Multi- day Courses – POLICY CHANGE AS OF JUNE 5, 2023
- When student notice of a course withdrawal is received no less than 7 days prior to the start of the class, the administration fees are as follows:
- $0-$299.99 A 35.00 Admin fee will be charged and the remaining amount will be refunded
- $300.00+ A 15% Admin fee will be charged and the remaining amount will be refunded
- When Student notice of course withdrawal is received less than 7 days prior to the start of the class, a 50% refund is offered, or student may opt to transfer to the next offering of the course without penalty. (must be done 72 hours before class starts)
- When Student notice of course withdrawal received after first day of course, no refund is offered.
For One Day Courses:
- When Student notice of course withdrawal is received prior to seven business days before the start of the course, Student will receive a refund minus $35 administration fee.
- No refunds will be provided when Student notice of withdrawal is received less than seven days prior to the start date of the course.
- No Transfers or credit notes will be given 48 hours before the start of a one day course.
There will be a service charge of $25 levied against all cheques returned as NSF.
Cold and Flu Policy and COVID-19 Statement
Welcome back, we’re happy to have you here!
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Use of mask: Mask use is optional and welcomed in the office or in classes.
- Hand sanitizer: Stations are set up and visible around the classroom and administration office.
We would also like to remind everyone that every member of our community has the right to be treated with respect and dignity in our classes and office. No person should be targeted in any way or subjected to discrimination resulting from a misplaced perception that they may be a carrier of a communicable disease based on their perceived disability, race, ancestry, place of origin or otherwise. Any discrimination or harassment will not be tolerated.
If you have any more questions, please visit the Canada Health FAQ webpage.