Program formerly offered through Kwantlen University College.
Payment plan now available! Break your investment into four equal payments of 25%. Details available after item is added to your cart.
There is a huge demand for well-trained Dental Receptionists. During the past few years, most of our students have had a good job lined up before the course even finished. Over the past 20 years, this program has gained a reputation throughout the dental profession for graduating top-notch dental receptionists who are capable of performing efficiently on their fist day of work.
The Dental Receptionist’s position entails being efficient, accurate and detailed in the handling of a variety of responsibilities in office administration, as well as being effective in communicating information to patients regarding diagnosed dental treatments. Duties include but are not limited to appointment scheduling, patient and insurance billing, dental records upkeep, and the maintenance of all systems crucial to the success of the dental practice.
This program prepares students to efficiently handle all areas of the Dental Receptionist position with a professional and dynamic approach. Extensive training in the causes and prevention of dental problems in all specialty areas is provided to instill a solid understanding of the concepts in dentistry, and be able to provide assistance to the dentist regarding patient education.
Course content includes in-depth coverage in the following areas:
• Introduction to Dentistry
• Tooth Anatomy and Identification Systems
• Dental Terminology and Abbreviations
• Legal Conduct and Ethical Standards pertaining to dentistry
• Professional Communications
• Effective Appointment Scheduling
• Effectively Dealing with Insurance Companies
• Insurance Plans (Rules, Clauses, Limitations and Coverage Specifics)
• Fee Guide Coverage
• Dental Billing and Estimates
• Office Administration Duties
• Records Maintenance
• Systems Management
• Account Management
• One Write and Computerized Accounting
• Preventive Dentistry and the Philosophy of Care
• Restorative Dentistry
• Dentures and Bridges
• Oral Surgery
• Periodontal Dentistry
• Laser and Sedation Dentistry, Whitening, Botox, Cosmetics, Dental Spa Concepts
• Basic Radiology
• Dental Office simulation using Maxident, Abledent, and other popular dental office software programs
• Grade 12 or mature student status
• Strong verbal and written proficiency in English (ESL testing may be required)
• 90% attendance
• 70% grade average
• Two week full-time practicum (64-80 hrs) Note: this is in addition to the 32 sessions.
Course Fees Include
• Use of a laptop computer pre-loaded with course material, exercises, study resources and dental office software programs.
• Dental Office Administrative Binder
• Dental Fee Schedule Binder
• All materials and supplies other than pens, pencils, tabs and three-ring binder, which students must supply.
Your Instructor Pam Welch has over 35 years experience working in all areas of the dental profession, including Office Manager. Pam is well known for her Consulting, Office Management and Educational Training abilities. Pam consults dentists on an ongoing basis as a consultant and dental practice efficiency expert.
Pam has spent the past 20 years developing and modifying this program to assure that the program content is detailed, accurate, current and very in depth to provide an expanded vision and philosophy of dentistry that may not be found in other programs.
Pam has written this program specifically to produce quality graduates that will be successful in the Dental field and invaluable team members to their employers.
Program Information and Schedule:
- 32 sessions (plus practicum)
- Tues & Thurs, 9 am-2:15 pm
- February 11 to June 4, 2020
- Classes held at FVCE Classroom at Suite 104, 20641 Logan Ave in downtown Langley
|Classroom:||FVCE Classroom (Suite 104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Start Day:||February 11, 2020|
|Number of Sessions:||32|
Total course price before 5% GST: