This course teaches students advanced skills to create a variety of complex documents. Need to work on a company manual? We’ll show you how to add a table of contents, an index and footnotes. Working on a project for school? We’ll show you how to add a bibliography. Need to protect your document from changes? We will cover how to restrict editing in the document and password protect your document. You will even learn about Word’s built-in blogging tools.
• Generating and formatting a table of contents
• Generating an index
• Creating footnotes and endnotes
• Organizing your work by use of bookmarks
• Managing passwords and restricting types of access on a document
• Using editing tools such as comparing two copies of a document to each other, or combining the changes found in two documents into a single document
• Tracking revisions in a document made by one or more people, and accepting or rejecting those changes
• Creating and publishing a blog from inside Word 2016
• Adding captions to illustrations
• Creating hyperlinks to access other files and websites outside of the original document
• Inserting a bibliography
• Customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon system.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 2 or equivalent.
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1-2019: Mondays 6:30pm to 9:30pm, January 6 to 27 2020, CE Computer Lab
Offering 2-2019: Tuesdays 9:30am to 12:30pm, January 7 to 28 2020, CE Computer Lab
Offering 1: Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, May 19 to Jun 9 2020, FVCE computer lab, Suite 204-20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2: Wednesdays, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, May 20 to Jun 10 2020, FVCE computer lab, Suite 204-20621 Logan Ave Langley
|Classroom:||NEW FVCE Computer Lab (Suite 204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Number of Sessions:||4|
Click “Sign Up Now” below to see all course dates and times.
Total course price before 5% GST: