FALL 2021 REGISTRATION IS OPEN AND SEATS ARE FILLING FAST!!
Program formerly offered through Kwantlen University College.
Payment plan now available! Break your investment into four equal payments of 25%. Details available after item is added to your cart.
There is a huge demand for well-trained Dental Receptionists. During the past few years, most of our students have had a good job lined up before the course even finished. Over the past 20 years, this program has gained a reputation throughout the dental profession for graduating top-notch dental receptionists who are capable of performing efficiently on their fist day of work.
The Dental Receptionist’s position entails being efficient, accurate and detailed in the handling of a variety of responsibilities in office administration, as well as being effective in communicating information to patients regarding diagnosed dental treatments. Duties include but are not limited to appointment scheduling, patient and insurance billing, dental records upkeep, and the maintenance of all systems crucial to the success of the dental practice.
This program prepares students to efficiently handle all areas of the Dental Receptionist position with a professional and dynamic approach. Extensive training in the causes and prevention of dental problems in all specialty areas is provided to instill a solid understanding of the concepts in dentistry, and be able to provide assistance to the dentist regarding patient education.
Course content includes in-depth coverage in the following areas:
• Introduction to Dentistry
• Tooth Anatomy and Identification Systems
• Dental Terminology and Abbreviations
• Legal Conduct and Ethical Standards pertaining to dentistry
• Professional Communications
• Effective Appointment Scheduling
• Effectively Dealing with Insurance Companies
• Insurance Plans (Rules, Clauses, Limitations and Coverage Specifics)
• Fee Guide Coverage
• Dental Billing and Estimates
• Office Administration Duties
• Records Maintenance
• Systems Management
• Account Management
• Computerized Accounting
• Preventive Dentistry and the Philosophy of Care
• Restorative Dentistry
• Dentures and Bridges
• Oral Surgery
• Periodontal Dentistry
• Laser and Sedation Dentistry, Whitening, Botox, Cosmetics, Dental Spa Concepts
• Basic Radiology
• Dental Office simulation using Maxident
• Grade 12 or mature student status
• Strong verbal and written proficiency in English (ESL testing may be required)
• 90% attendance
• 70% grade average
• Two week full-time practicum (64-80 hrs) Note: this is in addition to the 32 sessions.
Course Fees Include
• Use of a laptop computer, course materials, exercises, study resources and dental office software program.
• Dental Office Administrative Binder
• Dental Fee Schedule Binder
• All materials and supplies other than pens, pencils, tabs and three-ring binder, which students must supply.
Your Instructor Pam Welch has over 42 years experience working in all areas of the dental profession, including Office Manager. Pam is well known for her Consulting, Office Management and Educational Training abilities. Pam consults dentists on an ongoing basis as a consultant and dental practice efficiency expert.
Pam has spent the past 30 years developing and modifying this program to assure that the program content is detailed, accurate, current and very in depth to provide an expanded vision and philosophy of dentistry that may not be found in other programs.
Pam has written this program specifically to produce quality graduates that will be successful in the Dental field and invaluable team members to their employers.
COVID-19 Safety Statement: Protecting students and staff is our FIRST priority. All in-person classes are in compliance with all health and safety guidelines laid out by the BC Ministry of Health and/or WorkSafe BC. No student will be admitted to class if they appear to be sick. (Coughing, sneezing, etc.) Please come prepared to respect strict social distancing guidelines as laid out by staff. All workstations and high-touch contact surfaces will be disinfected between students using standard disinfecting products, by staff who are trained to follow a specific disinfection routine. We appreciate your respect for your fellow students in applying kindness, compassion, and patience.
Program Information and Schedule:
32 sessions (plus practicum)
Offering 1F21: Tues & Fri, Sept 14 2021 to Jan 21 2022, 9:00am to 2:15pm, FVCE Classroom #104 – 20641 Logan Ave Langley (no class Dec 17 to Jan 3)
Offering 2F21: Mon & Thurs, Sept 13 2021 to Jan 27 2022, 9:00am to 2:15pm, FVCE Classroom #104 – 20641 Logan Ave Langley (no class Mon, Oct 11 and Thurs, Nov 11 and Dec 17 to Jan 2)
Dates for Winter Spring 2022 will be available for registration beginning October 17 2021!
Offering 1WS22: Mon & Thurs, Feb 14 to June 20 2022, 9:00am to 2:15pm, FVCE Classroom #104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley (no class, Feb 21, Mar 14 to 25, Apr 18 & May 23)
Offering 2WS22: Tues & Fri, Feb 15 to Jun 1 2022, 9:00am to 2:15pm, FVCE Classroom #104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley (no class Mar 14 to 25 & Apr 15)
|Classroom:||FVCE Classroom (Suite 104, 20641 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Number of Sessions:||32|