This class is now LIVESTREAMED! Attend at the regularly-scheduled class time, from the comfort of your home computer. Livestreaming means you interact with a REAL Instructor, in real-time, from your computer. This is NOT pre-recorded content. (You must log in and attend at the time class is offered, this is not a “watch-when-you-like” option.)
You will need:
- A computer (Mac or PC), or an Android smartphone, or an Android tablet, or an iPad or iPhone. As long as it has a webcam and microphone, you’re good to go! (And YES, you can disable your camera for privacy!)
- NO special software
- NO additional costs
- NO technical know-how or fancy tools
Livestreamed classes are just “click-and-enter”
Once you have registered, an email will be sent to you a few days before the class, with a link to click and enter the virtual classrom. Nothing to download, nothing to install. Your webcam and microphone can display your image and voice to the rest of the class, or you can choose to mute the microphone or turn off the camera. You will still be able to hear and see the Instructor.
Livestreamed classes are EXACTLY the same content as the in-person class
Get exactly the same handouts, same exercises, and same interaction with your Instructor, as if you were in the same room with them. Ask all your same questions, hear your fellow classmates, and see the same presentations. No compromises.
This course teaches students advanced skills to create a variety of complex documents. Need to work on a company manual? We’ll show you how to add a table of contents, an index and footnotes. Working on a project for school? We’ll show you how to add a bibliography. Need to protect your document from changes? We will cover how to restrict editing in the document and password protect your document. You will even learn about Word’s built-in blogging tools.
• Generating and formatting a table of contents
• Generating an index
• Creating footnotes and endnotes
• Organizing your work by use of bookmarks
• Managing passwords and restricting types of access on a document
• Using editing tools such as comparing two copies of a document to each other, or combining the changes found in two documents into a single document
• Tracking revisions in a document made by one or more people, and accepting or rejecting those changes
• Creating and publishing a blog from inside Word 2016
• Adding captions to illustrations
• Creating hyperlinks to access other files and websites outside of the original document
• Inserting a bibliography
• Customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon system.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 2 or equivalent.
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1F: Tuesdays, Jan 5 to 26 2021, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE computer lab #204 – 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2F: Tuesdays, Jan 5 to 26 2021, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE computer lab #204 – 20621 Logan Ave Langley
|Start Time:||Varies by Offering|
|End Time:||Varies by Offering|
|Number of Sessions:||4|