This course teaches students advanced skills to create a variety of complex documents. Need to work on a company manual? We’ll show you how to add a table of contents, an index and footnotes. Working on a project for school? We’ll show you how to add a bibliography. Need to protect your document from changes? We will cover how to restrict editing in the document and password protect your document. You will even learn about Word’s built-in blogging tools.
• Generating and formatting a table of contents
• Generating an index
• Creating footnotes and endnotes
• Organizing your work by use of bookmarks
• Managing passwords and restricting types of access on a document
• Using editing tools such as comparing two copies of a document to each other, or combining the changes found in two documents into a single document
• Tracking revisions in a document made by one or more people, and accepting or rejecting those changes
• Creating and publishing a blog from inside Word 2016
• Adding captions to illustrations
• Creating hyperlinks to access other files and websites outside of the original document
• Inserting a bibliography
• Customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon system.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 2 or equivalent.
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1F22: Mondays, Jan 9 to 30 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2F22: Mondays, Jan 9 to 30 2023, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 1WS23: Wednesdays, Apr 26 to May 17 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2WS23: Thursdays, Jun 8 to 22 2023, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
About Instructor Lori Dowhaniuk
Bio to come!
|Classroom:||FVCE Computer Lab (Suite 204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Start Time:||Varies by Offering|
|End Time:||Varies by Offering|
|Number of Sessions:||4|