This course teaches students advanced skills to create a variety of complex documents. Need to work on a company manual? We’ll show you how to add a table of contents, an index and footnotes. Working on a project for school? We’ll show you how to add a bibliography. Need to protect your document from changes? We will cover how to restrict editing in the document and password protect your document. You will even learn about Word’s built-in blogging tools.
• Generating and formatting a table of contents
• Generating an index
• Creating footnotes and endnotes
• Organizing your work by use of bookmarks
• Managing passwords and restricting types of access on a document
• Using editing tools such as comparing two copies of a document to each other, or combining the changes found in two documents into a single document
• Tracking revisions in a document made by one or more people, and accepting or rejecting those changes
• Creating and publishing a blog from inside Word 2016
• Adding captions to illustrations
• Creating hyperlinks to access other files and websites outside of the original document
• Inserting a bibliography
• Customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon system.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 2 or equivalent.
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1F21: Tuesdays, Jan 4 to 25 2022, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2F21: Tuesdays, Jan 4 to 25 2022, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
About Instructor Hank Boven
Hank has been working with Microsoft Office for 30 years, and has been an Instructor with Langley Continuing Education (and now FVCE) for 19 years. During that time Hank has taught over 10,000 Students how to work with Microsoft Office. He makes extensive use of real-world scenarios to help his students better understand and apply the principles and skills they acquire in class. He has been called “The Mr. Rogers of Microsoft” by more than one student.
Hank holds numerous industry certifications from leading information technology companies such as Microsoft and CompTIA.
|Classroom:||FVCE Computer Lab (Suite 204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley)|
|Start Time:||Varies by Offering|
|End Time:||Varies by Offering|
|Number of Sessions:||4|