This course teaches students intermediate Microsoft Word skills that can be combined with basic skills to create more complex documents. Students will look at features such as inserting pictures or shapes, setting up columns of information, saving repetitive pieces of text or graphics for easy access at a later date, styles, and templates to produce professional-looking business documents.
• Creating and modifying styles for consistent formatting
• Working with existing templates or creating your own templates
• Customizing bullets and numbering
• Creating paragraph borders
• Creating page borders
• Applying shading
• Setting columns
• Advanced formatting
• Using Word properties settings
• Using AutoCorrect
• Adding and modifying columns of text in a document
• Using headers and footers in a document
• Performing a mail merge with form letters or address labels
• Completing a mail merge using the Mail Merge Wizard and manually
• Inserting and manipulating SmartArt.
LIVESTREAMING CLASSES: Textbook pick up will be available 1 week before the class starts, or it can be mailed via Canada Post for $20.00.
Please contact the office if you need to have your textbook mailed to you.
Prerequisite: Computer Basics Level 2 and Word Level 1
Cost includes manual.
A Certificate will be issued upon course completion.
Offering 1F22: Mondays, Nov 14 to Dec 12 2022, 9:30am to 12:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 2F22: Mondays, Nov 14 to Dec 12 2022, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
Offering 3F22: Wednesdays, Nov 16 to Dec 14 2022, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, via livestreaming Microsoft 365
Offering 4F22: Monday to Friday, Nov 21 to 25 2022, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, FVCE Computer Lab #204, 20621 Logan Ave Langley
About Instructor Lori Dowhaniuk
Bio to come!
|Number of Sessions:||5|